Make up must haves. | Josierobinsxo

Thursday 28 April 2016

Make up must haves.




When it comes to make up there are a few products I would not be able to live without!
Over the years I have accumulated many different make up products, some I fell instantly in love with, whilst others I never used again.
 I have decided to share with you my favourite make up pieces and hopefully persuade you to purchase them.


My first item is of course my Beauty blender. 
This is a must have product if you want your foundation to look flawless.
Whilst most people only use a brush to blend their foundation in, I find that additionally using a beauty blender really blends the foundation into your skin, rather than leaving it looking coated on your face. 

The beauty blender is not only brilliant for foundation but it is the most important part of contouring and therefor it has made it into my must haves.
Blending your contouring colours with a beauty blender will leave your newly sculptured face looking seamless, leaving no harsh lines. 

The beauty blender comes in various different brands and I don't believe that a more expensive one will be better than the less expensive one.
I use the Real Techniques - Miracle complexion sponge, you can buy this in many high street stores and they cost £6. 
Beauty blenders are also available in mini forms, which are great for blending in small areas such as around the eyes and along the nose. Mini beauty blenders are a little harder to come by, but I have found them in Claires - £3 or from Beauty Bay-£13.50.





When using a beauty blender it is important to make the sponge damp first, this way you will be able to blend products more efficiently. This brings me onto my second make up must have. 

This product is very highly rated as there is nothing worse than spending hours on your make up and looking in the mirror and seeing that your make up has started to rub off.
The secret to keeping your make up looking fresh all night is inside this little bottle.

I have had my current bottle since christmas and I use it everyday. I use it once before my foundation, a few sprays onto my beauty blender and a few sprays after my contour is done and there is still a fair amount left in my bottle.
The urban decay setting spray does exactly what it says on the bottle, it sets your make up and keeps it on for a prolonged period, this is especially good if you are going to an event, or just like me you don't like taking your make up out with you.
It saves you spending 10 minutes in the bathroom every now and then re applying your make up, which I can never be bothered to do.

This product is available at stores which stock Urban decay such as Debenhams.
I have the 118ml bottle however you can also buy a 30ml from Selfridges and then see how you get on with it. The 30ml size would also be the perfect size to take on holiday.






My third make up must have is Eyelash curlers.
I have been using eye lash curlers since I started wearing eye make up. A lot of people don't use eye lash curlers, some in fear that it will hurt or pull your eyelashes out. I can confirm that in the years I have been using eye lash curlers, I have never pulled my eyelashes out.

Eyelash curlers are perfect for any make up look or a no make up look.
Its actually pretty amazing what a different eye lash curlers make.
By curling your eye lashes before the application of mascara you are giving  them volume and that way the mascara will dry to the curled shape.
I also find that I use eyelash curlers when I am having a no make up day as it gives them a lot more volume.

Fake Eyelashes, one of my most important make up accessories!

There is nothing I love more than fake eyelashes, any one that knows me will know the majority of the time I am wearing fake eyelashes.

You can buy so many different shapes, volumes and lengths of eye lashes that you can basically pick eye lashes to match your occasion.
Fake eyelashes can be very tricky to stick on and to ensure that they look natural so you can't see the difference between your natural eye lash line,but once you have got the hang of it its fine.

I not only wear fake eyelashes on nights out but I also wear fake eyelashes for normal day to day activities. I find that they are so quick and easy to pop on that when it comes to doing my make up, its way more appealing to me to grab a pair of fakies than to do my mascara.





My last make up must have is a decent bronzer.

For me having a really good bronzer is one of the most important parts of my make up, I think this is because its the last product that goes onto my face, therefor I need it to be a good quality product.
I have been through many bronzers in my time and I think I have finally found my favourites.
Obviously different skin tones will work with different products and shades, however these two only come in one shade so is suitable to any skin tone.


I have been using these pearls for around 4 years and I would never stop. They are such a nice colour and give your skin such a nice natural glow. I use these as a base and then apply a darker bronzer over the top. However these bronzing pearls look amazing by themselves and I would recommend getting these, even if you just keep them in your make up bag, or take them out during festival season.



















Benefit Holla Bronzer - £23.50

This product is perfect for not only contouring but also as an all around bronzer. It comes with a little brush which is perfect to use if you are using the bronzer to contour, otherwise I would suggest using a bigger fluffier brush to keep an even coverage. This product is only available in the one shade that suits any skin tone and can be made darker by re-applying until the colour you are after is reached.

Once again I bought this product back in November and use ALOT day to day and still have a fair amount left.






SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love my real techniques complexion sponge ,my urban decay setting spray and my hoola aswell! Great post! I will have to try out the other products!xx

    Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Josierobinsxo. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig