Primers | Josierobinsxo

Monday 11 April 2016

Primers




A lot of people slack when it comes to priming our skin, but what most people do not know is that priming is one of the most important parts of doing your make up and it plays a key part to ensuring the application of foundation is smooth and flawless giving lasting results. Keeping our skin cleansed and primed changes the whole way the foundation looks, not to mention how healthier your skin will be. 
Before I started using primer I didn't quite see the point, but I promise once you use it, you won't stop. 
The biggest benefit of primer for me, is that it fills in my pores,leaving my skin not only feeling but also looking picture perfect. 

The primer I have always used and honestly don't think I would change using, is Benefit Pore Professional. This product is perfect for any skin type and dries to a matt finish, it is also a beige colour so blends well with any skin tone. This product is only around £25  which is very reasonable price for the magic it works and for this price I don't feel as though people necessarily would want to go cheaper but another well known primer on the market is the Rimmel Stay Matt Primer which is priced at £5. 

I recently tried the latest primer which every one is trying, the Mens Niva Post Shave Balm £3.50. I know what you are all thinking, 'why would I use a mens shaving balm to prime my face', the sales assistant thought the same. I did query this product myself as it was only £3. This primer has a strong aftershave smell to it, which I didn't mind, however the product itself disappointed me, probably because I saw everyone obsessing over it and thought it was going to be AMAZING. I found this particular primer made my face look greasy all day, this may be as I already have oily skin, so may work better with someone with dry skin. I guess for £3 you can afford to experiment and if it doesn't work out, save it for your dads next birthday. 





SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Love Benefit Cosmetic products! I haven't tried the pore primer though, but now I will definitely have to. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would defiantly recommend it, it is brillaint xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love benefit's primer
    lovely photos x so glad I found your blog!
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

© Josierobinsxo. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig