Leave a little sparkle wherever you go. | Josierobinsxo

Thursday 19 May 2016

Leave a little sparkle wherever you go.

Over the recent months I have seen a lot of videos and pictures of intense sparkly eye shadows and I have been on the search for the perfect one ever since and thats when I came across Chanel's Illusion D'ombre collection.
There are many different shades available to purchase ranging from darks to lights.  I know Charlotte Tilbury does similar pots of cream eyeshadow prices at Eyes to Mesmerise £22. 



What I love about this product is that it is a cream formula, which means you are unlikely to spill any (unlike the pots with loose glitter). The pot has a lot of product in and you do not need a lot of product when using, which means that these little pots should last quite a long time. 
These glitters also really stand out, unlike most other glitters. 

They are reasonably priced at £25 and can be bought from any Chanel outlets, including Boots. 
Each pot comes with a mini application brush, however I actually find it easier to use my finger and to only use the brush for precision and around smaller areas. 


The Chanel Illusion D'ombre is the perfect eye shadow to achieve that sparkly look. I currently have three shades. 81- Fantasme, 84- Epatant and 118- Moonlight pink. 





The shade 81-  Fantasme is perfect for any event as it can be applied as a very thin layer making the sparkle more subtle or it can be applied slightly thicker given it a much more intense sparkle.
Here I have Fantasme applied with a warm eye shadow tone underneath. 


The second tone 84- Epatant is a colour I would personally wear on a  night out, or to a big event as it is very intense and dark. You could match this colour with either pinks or even blacks as long as you blend the colours in nicely. 





The only down fall with these eye shadows is that because they are cream, if you apply to much it can spread around your eye, leaving glitter above the crease, therefor I would recommend using a smaller amount.

To minimise the chance of creasing or movement with these eyeshadows I always use an eye shadow primer. My favourite is the Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer - £16. I also use the Too Faced Eye Insurance - £15




Once I have applied this I also apply a white eyeliner and then cover that with a matte white eyeshadow. This really makes the colour you layer on top really stand out.  Here are a few photos of the steps I take.





I use a bigger fluffier brush to blend out my chosen base eye shadow colour. In this instance I haven chosen a dark brown from the Revolution Pallet, my exact one is no longer sold as I got it back at christmas time, but there are identical colours in the Revolution Ultra 32 Shade Palette - £8 .


This is the Real Techniques Eye Shadow Blending Brush. 


I have chosen a brown shade as I have put the Chanel Illusion D'ombre in shade Moonlight Pink over the top and these colours really compliment each other.





This shade Moonlight Pink is actually in the Summer limited edition colours recently released.

You can buy any of these colours and more at boots http://www.boots.com/en/CHANEL-ILLUSION-DOMBRE-Long-Wear-Luminous-Eyeshadow_1226686/.
They are priced at £25 but at duty free in the airports they are priced at £20, a perfect gift to yourself before you fly off on holiday and what better way to spend your free time than to expand your make up bag with Chanel. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Josierobinsxo. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig